Sunday, April 5, 2009

Have you tried Aldi?


Do you have an Aldi near you? Have you tried it out?
We just recently had one open near us and I have been shopping there for about 4 weeks now and I love it! Its a different kind of store, but the prices are amazing! You can read about Aldi HERE
Some of the things you will find that are different at Aldi include:
*You have to take your own bags...or buy bags there. You can take in your reusable bags, plastic bags from another store, anything! Also, they have bins of boxes sitting around (from items they have stocked) and you are free to take those as well. And you bag your own items.
*You must put a quarter in to use their buggies, BUT you get it back when you return the cart. This keeps their cost down on employees having to hunt down buggies and bring them back in!
*They only take cash, debit cards or food stamps. No checks, no credit cards.
*All of their products are their own label (you will sometimes find name brand items there for what they call a special purchase) They have a double money back guarantee on all their products...if you don't like it, take it back and they will replace the product and give you your money back. So far, we haven't tried one single thing that was bad!

Today, I had an awesome shop at Aldi! I shopped for 2 weeks worth of meals (and we eat at home every night!) Plus breakfast and lunch....and my total was $99!!!!! This included a couple of things we don't normally buy.....like a spiral cut ham that was on sale for $1.49/lb!!!! This total also included alot of fresh produce...like 2 pineapples, 2 lbs of strawberries, 1 pkg of blueberries, 1 bunch of bananas, carrots, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, a tenderloin, 2 blocks of cheese, 2 dozens eggs, 2 gallons of milk.....and A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only had about 5 things that I couldn't get that were on my list OR that I knew I had a coupon for and could get cheaper at Kroger! (by the way, all the fruit I bought was either Dole or DelMonte....so it has a good name!)

They DO NOT take coupons, since things are their own brand. I buy things here that I know are a better price there. Some things I know I have a coupon for and can get cheaper elsewhere, but most of their prices are unbeatable!

Let me know if you try it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment