Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shopping at Walgreens

Since some of you are new to this way of shopping, I want to give you some tips on shopping at Walgreens (look for CVS tips this week too!) I would have never thought before I started shopping this way that I could honestly get better deals at a drugstore than Wal-mart! But I do!!!

Walgreens has a program right now called their Easy Saver...I have heard through the grapevine that April is the last month they will have this program. But the news is there is something bigger and better coming!
I don't want to go in to a lot of detail about it since its leaving us, but we do still have one more month to shop with it, so here is a link to read about it on walgreens.com CLICK HERE!

You can find the Easy Saver booklet at the front door of your Walgreens next to their weekly ad. Its a small booklet filled with coupons.
There are 2 differend kind of coupons you will find:
1. IVC (Instant Value Coupon)...these work just like a regular coupon and take the value off immediately. They CAN be combined with a manufacturer coupon as well!!! (like the razor deal last week)
2. Easy Saver Rebate....these are rebates on the listed item. You can submit your rebates on line. You can only do one submission per month, so its best to keep all your rebates together and submit them at one time at the end of the month.

They will also sometimes have coupons in their Sunday sales ad (like the aluminum foil deal this week)and you will need to have the cashier scan this coupon as well as your manufacturer coupon too!

I know this is brief, but if you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will try to answer!
I am excited to see what Walgreens will come up with to replace this program though.

No comments:

Post a Comment